Hey!!! Hope all is well!!! Check out this email Ginny from the Early Seekers Team sent me this morning:
Paul came back to thank us so much for the clothes we gave him as he had nothing and was so grateful
Cheryl is clean of her addiction one month
Raphael could not thank us enough for the clothes we gave him last week
Michael Was so grateful for the bag of clothes Jan gave him and he kept coming back to say thank you so much as he had only the clothes on his back
Steve Needs prayer for a torn rotator Cuff, He will need surgery
Dorothy, ( David & Paulie’s from Live It Up band ) Mother Dorothy Is quite sick with a Chest Infection Please pray for her healing she is in her 80’s
Alice & Ervin small son’s need healing pray for the family as well
Barbara healing of her heart problem pray for the family as well
Lidia pray for healing of her heart problem & for the family as well
Robert Needs a Miracle deliverance
Matthew needs a miracle as well
Barbara needs many miracles in her family also for he daughter’s test to come back normal
Sandra still needs healing of her neck and complete healing from falling down the stairs
Dean healing of his knees
Joe healing of his needs
Ron healing of blood cancer
Ronnie complete healing
Ron Jr Healing of his knee injury
Maria miracle deliverance
K God knows
Norman Pray for people in war area’s and all the Veterans as well Pedro needs pants size 38
Brian needs pants size 36 and 2x Hoodie
Marco needs Med T Shirts
Steve needs x large shirts, xl Shorts
Anna needs tops size med , size 30 jeans
Isabella Needs a very small micro wave oven
Lisa needs a back pack with wheels and Hair products
Mike Needs Large Hoody & socks
Norman needs size 9 91/2 Sneakers and Jeans size 32- 34
Joe’s sister Tia had colon surgery and needs a miracle healing, she is having a hard time getting well
Joe Brian’s friend needs size X large Hoodie
Mark needs size X large men’s sweat shirts and Tees
Jackie needs a place to live
John Sister Michelle not to be homeless and her son Michael and Alyssa.
J& T their needs
Maria Her three boys and her husband is sick
G&S God knows
Margaret needs a healing miracle of Cancer & COPD
Anastasia His needs
Carlo’s needs pants size 32 or 34
Steve Needs size 32 or 34 Jeans underware & socks
Steve needs Xl Shorts
Donna size 81/2 sneaker
Erwin needs jeans size 32 And Large Shirts
A man needs size 36/30 jeans
John Needs a miracle healing of pancreatic Cancer
David asked for pray for people to stop cutting off heads
Noemy needs size 8 or 9 sneakers
Isabella needs size 9 sneakers
Mike needs size 34 underwear & jeans
Robert needs a back pack
Anthony needs 2x Tee shirts and size 36 Shorts Jeans
Jim His needs
Lidia her children
Tony every thing
Juan needs a blanket
4 other people asked for a blanket
Raymond Healing miracle
John needs size 11 boots he asks for prayer to pass his exams at CCRI And for his health
Marco needs a healing miracle
Adelaide needs boots size 8 or 9
Many men asked for Jeans
Russell needs miracle healing
C&C continued strength on their recovery road
All the homeless
Thank You , love and prayers from the Homeless and the Early Seekers
God Bless and have a great week
The Early Seekers Team sent us the following update today…they are still working hard and still going strong!!!!
- Lidia said the sinners prayer with a man and the angels in heaven are rejoicing with us as there is a new name written down in Glory. and His name is John Praise God!!!
- Liz Brenda Melucci’s mom is swallowing and eating normally!!!! Liz and the family thank you so very much for all your prayers.
- Tom a Man we have not seen for a few years and use to come to Pt faithfully with his wife. came to Jan and said O my God I can’t believe you all are still coming to KP , giving out food and clothing after all these years. I know a lot of organizations That help the homeless but they come and go and fade out. You have been doing this faithfully for years. You are so dedicated. this shows that your love is real and genuine. He & his wife are living in East Providence and have been attending a church near him. But also said he wants to come to PT again.
- William Is now getting his benefits and also found a job
- Robert needs a miracle healing from addiction that has tried to kill him, He also needs a miracle healing for his liver he is only in his 20’s Please, Please storm heaven for him and his family. His mom and sister are Born Again.Pray for His salvation as well.
- Sandra Steve’s sister please continue to pray for her complete healing
- Janice Mom Phyllis is still very sick
- Paulie & his family please continue to pray for all his loved ones that are battling Cancer and other illness as well and pray for his family as well as they are caring for them.
- Barbara & Bob They need many miracles in their family, they really need a break through.
- Barbara Please continue to pray for her healing and for her family as well
- Lidia Please pray for a miracle healing of her heart problem and for a very special unspoken
- Scott still needs a complete healing of his blood clots, His leg is doing better
- K needs a miracle healing & a few special unspoken as well
- J needs Prayer for a very special unspoken
- Car needs a miracle deliverance
- C needs a miracle deliverance
- Brian & D needs a miracle deliverance
- K&G God knows
- R& L God knows
- J&T God knows
- George God knows
- Mark God knows
- Sharon God knows
- Kenny My son will have Knee surgery April 2,
- Ronnie God knows
- Hilda Please continue to keep her in your prayers for complete healing of cancer
- Susie in the wheel chair has cancer through her body and was given 3 months to live
- Frank also has cancer he was given 3 years to live
- Cheryl God knows, And some man is constantly bothering her .
- Ken his needs
- Brian for his daughter Haily, grand son Mathew and Girl Desiree
- Tony God knows
- Andy his needs
- David his needs
- Sarge his needs Also grieving the loss of his son that died in a fire 15 years old and also loss his Dad
- Sharon has been battling pneumonia for a few months she is in a lot of pain from it also , she needs a place to live she sleeps outside
- Linda needs a miracle healing from depression & a few very special unspoken
- Maria a miracle healing for deliverance & for her family as well
- Ronnie will be out of jail soon please keep him and his wife and children in prayer.He is now Born again and doing well.
- Richard everything
- Bobby healing of his foot & God knows
- Jackie Thanks us all and thanks the Lord. Pray for her needs
- Erwin His needs
- Kavin needs pants size 38, He protects us, Pray for his needs also
- Jimmy needs jeans size 32 or 34 He needs a home sleeps out side, He wants to come to church with his girl, He wants to get out of his situation and was in tears we prayed for him also.
- Andrae needs jeans size 36
- Vahl needs a miracle healing from cancer
- Lenny needs jeans size 36 Pray for him & his family
- Gary wants prayer to stop smoking
- Tony asks for prayer for Philip C.
- Cheryl to be re united with her son
- Vinny For all of us who help the homeless
- Job Peace& good health Needs BP.
- Greg May have an apartment At Marvin Gardens
- Paul needs a X large Or Large Jacket
- Steve housing & Health
- Kirk his needs
- Nancy her needs
- April Her health & for her spirit
- Tom & Mary their needs
- Joe & Donna their needs
- Ken God knows
- Al God knows
- Carlos God knows
- A man said Pray for Spring !!!!!!!
- Ken Continued Growth in the Lord
So the Early Seekers Team had a great day this morning. Even though it was cold, some wonderful friends warmed their hearts…for more details, please see their updates below: (I love the Early Seekers!!!!!)
- William Butress & wife
- Coreen St. Jean
- Barbara O’Connor Smith
- Andrea Smith
- Jane Pace, Sharon Cogean’s Co-worker
- Alicia Wells Smith, Sharon Cogean’s Co-worker
- Sharon Cogean for making 2 trips to my house to bring many bags of clothing and toiletries and All her other co-workers
- Mac, who donated a case of Bibles
- Lidia’s friends
- Bob Smith
- Brian Several weeks in a row he said if you come across a leather jacket, I could really use one,Well this week , He really got blessed. Sharon gave me one from her co- worker and Guess what? It fit him like it was tailor-made for him. He kept saying this is awesome I hope you did not buy it for me this is brand new and it had to cost a lot of money. He was over joyed. He kept coming back to thank us. he just couldn’t believe it. Brian Always looks out for our safety at KP. and He helps us carry stuff and pack stuff up . This Jacket was a heavy winter Wilson leather with a zip out lining and he looked Great in it. When he asked us where it came from we told him God gave it to him. God heard his pray
- A young Man Said to Jan “I just have one question for you. “Jan said “what?” He said “Why do you do all this? “Jan said” because of Love.” He said “but where does that Love come from?” Jan pointed to Heaven and he yelled out” Praise God! God bless you all.”
- Santiago & his wife Got their apartment an answer to your prayers.They are so happy. They need pots and pans
- 2 other people got their apartment also an answer to your prayers. Can’t read the names I wrote, Some times pens won’t write as well due to cold weather.
- A Spanish man asked me for a Spanish Bible and we gave him a Gideon Pocket New testament, He was so excited.
- Then a Spanish lady said oh can I have one too , Well I had one left and she was so happy.
- 3 other Spanish ladies said do you have any more Spanish Bibles. We would love one, I said We will bring you some more next week.
- Mac we passed out several of the full Bibles he donated and they were so thank full .
- One Young man said is that a Bible? How much is it?, Jan said ” It’s Free and gave him one and he was thrilled .”
- Steve Said can I have one of those large Bibles, I love to read the Bible
- Another man saw this and said” I love to read the Bible too can I have one?”,and He was Happy as well to get one.
- 2 men really needed the sneakers that William Butress donated they were so happy
- Dornel His needs
- Brian needs Timberland boots size 10 , He needs Jeans size 36- 34 length that go over boots
- Richard Guertin his needs
- John His son Michael, grandchildren and pray for John as well
- Raymond his needs
- Gene Self & his health & God knows
- Phillip World peace
- 3 Girls their needs
- Kearen B Her family & self
- Jimmy needs size 91/2 sneakers
- Felix Health
- Ines her needs
- Maria self & kids
- Esta Her needs
- Maria homeless, Family, Husband
- Carlos God knows
- George Homeless
- Mario His needs
- Robert apartment,health, wife And children
- Christine His so Who’s name is Promise just had open heart surgery and they have to go back in to operate again
- Juan apartment,
- Jonathon needs Jeans size 38
- Freddie Health
- Edwin his needs
- David a place to live
- Steve world peace
- Russell world peace
- Asmerom homes for everyone
- Lisa her needs
- John Paul get his life together
- Paul Mom passed away, Dad’s health also self & daughter
- Jim Sharon
- Grim God knows
- Megan has a lawsuit out for wrongful arrest
- Alpro God knows
- David A Home
- Anastasia His needs
- Francis Health Robert continued strength to make it trough his recovery program & healing of his liver
- Barbara needs many miracles in her family
- Barbara Different Barbara For her health and pain & for her family
- Brian a miracle deliverance
- Maria miracle deliverance
- C Deliverance
- Lisa & her loved ones
- Linda Healing depression and God knows
- K God knows
- Please continue to pray for all those with cancer and going through treatment for cancer on past lists
- Hilda will have 6 weeks Chemo & radiation & No Pain meds. And that she can swallow
- Anthony Geremia Brain tumor
- Jeanne Lung Cancer
- Artie’s brother Michael tumor
- All in the hospital
- Anthony ICU Rapid heart & Low Bp.
- Valeria Recovering from Knee replacement without pain meds
- David Vito Knee replacement & recovery
- Liz that she can swallow complete healing
- Felecia’s Mom Lorraine had a stroke
- All the homeless
- Strong holds of addiction to be broken
Hope all is well…we are all working our way through another snowy Winter Season here in Southern New England…hope you enjoy reading the most recent update from Ginny of the Early Seekers Team:
We had another awesome morning having fellowship with the precious souls at Kennedy Plaza and passing out lunches, Coffee, Bananas,clothing, toiletries Etc. Everyone was so thankful for everything. Thank you all once again for making lunches, donating clothing , for all you do and all your prayers. May God bless you all. Thank you Lord for all the Provisions, all the love and team work and allowing us all to be a part in this blessed ministry. Thank you Lord that souls are being saved and set free through your Holy Spirit. To God be the Glory.
As far as food goes, we are in great need of the following:
- Brown paper bags
- Snack bags
- Sandwich bags
- Sugar & sugar substitute
- Peanut Butter
If you would like to donate, please drop off your donations in the church kitchen and label it “Early Seekers” Thanks so much for your support.
Here are the types of clothes the homeless have been asking us for lately:
- Warm Winter Clothing
- Sweat Pants
- Sweat Shirts
We are on the lookout for new or lightly used Warm Clothing. If you would like to bless the homeless Please see Jan or Ginny. Thanks & God Bless.
- Hilda please continue to pray that her lung biopsy comes back cancer free and for her healing miracle
- Liz Please continue to pray for her complete healing miracle and that she can swallow
- Lidia Healing miracle of her heart problem
- Scott Healing miracle of his blood clots
- Raymond Healing miracle of his cancer
- Joseph G Healing miracle of his cancer
- Peter was with his Girl 2 1/2 years and they broke up he misses her much, Pray for strength for him to get through this.
- Robert is in a program and doing well, This is an answer to your prayers for him and will be a miracle for him and his family when he is totally free as his addiction was killing him and has been a tremendous heart ache and hard ship on his loved ones. Satan don’t like this and has made it even harder for him as another person in the program is constantly harassing him, Please continue to pray him through for strength to continue on. God is greater, In Jesus name may he gain the victory.
- Barbara needs many miracles in her family, Please continue to keep her and her family in pray for break through.
- Robert Healing of his foot, finances & god knows
- Linda is doing better, another answer to your prayers, please continue to keep her in your prayers for healing of depression and God knows
- David speedy recovery from his surgery
- Barbara Healing miracle from Pain & Arthritis & for her family
- Maria healing miracle deliverance
- Anna God knows
- Cindy & Ron For God’s provision and protection and souls to be save as they witness on the trail
- Anthony finances & family
- Ronnie complete healing
- Ronnie in jail and His wife and 3 children
- Lisa Complete healing of her Dad And mother & step father and Blessings on Lisa and her family
- Carlos God knows
- Joe A God knows
- Paul M Heart Disease
- Michael is addiction free 1 month please pray for continued strength on his recovery road
- Jeff God knows
- William Salvation for him and his family
- Felix Health
- Joseph needs a blanket he sleeps out side
- Job good health and peace
- Raymond needs size 11 sneakers
- Kevin a home & God knows
- Felicia sees her Doctor Feb. she will be getting surgery on her throat, she also will be getting cortisone shots for her legs, Please pray for her healing.
- Robert Has a Praise Report He has a job and apartment, thanks for your prayers again
- Al God knows
- Steve God knows
- Paul His needs
- Dean finances
- Audrey her needs
- Cheryl her needs
- George needs a home sleeps out side all year for years
- Jim his needs
- Kevin his needs
- Sharon Her needs
- Chris her needs
- Andy his needs
- Brian God knows
- David his needs
- David E His needs
- Sharon God knows
- Mark God knows
I invite you to read this morning’s interesting update from the Early Seekers team:
We are still in need of some Spanish-speaking volunteers so we can communicate better with our Spanish-speaking friends in need.
Please let us know if you can help donate sandwiches on a weekly basis.
- Lily … Family
- Paul …. restoration of all he has lost
- Ray … Family issues and all his friends
- Wayne… continued healing for lung cancer
- Allen… we did not see him this week …Praying all is well with him and all our other friends who were not there this morning
- Kevin…. Needs an apartment and healing for heart problems
- Bill… God knows
- Darnell…. For God to continue to be with him
- Katherine …. she needs a home, lives at the shelter
- Gary Brooks…. stay sober and get closer to God
- Steven …. Continued prayer for healing of his Head problems
- Kevin Alexander…..needs Timberland boots for work. size 8 1/2 .
- Ken …. God knows
- Julia…. financial help and for her children and family
- Frances…. Loves the Lord and the LIU service… said he cant wait to come again.
- Jason…. still giving his testimony of how God saved him from dying after being in a coma from drug overdose. Asks that we keep him in prayer to continue to stay clean and do God’s work.
- Inez …. and all her Spanish friends who are at KP every week. They always get blessed from all that you provide for them… They speak Spanish primarily but do understand a little English … so we have a little trouble communicating with them.we have invited them to come to pt several times and they always seem enthused about coming… but have not as yet. Pray that they will come and find the love of God and meet all of you and find the love of all you who pray and provide for them.
- Haji …. He needs a 1x or 2x size winter jacket. (he asks us every week)…if anyone has one they no longer need and can donate please see Jan or Ginny. He is wearing a leather jacket now, but I think he needs a winter storm jacket as well …. being out in the snowy and winter cold.
- Jackie… Desperately is seeking a place to live and is growing weary from all the stress. Please pray she finds an apt and that God will be with her and give her peace.
- 3 young girls… pray that they get off the streets and that they will be open to what God is directing for their lives
- Cheryl….. her daughter just gave birth to a baby boy… Cheryl is so blessed to have a new grandbaby …she was so proud showing us his picture with her bright beautiful smile… and asks Gods blessing on him and their family .
- Joseph…. grateful for the blanket and toiletries
- Felicia …. was not there today not sure if she had her surgery yet… suppose to have surgery last week on a blockage in her throat… Pray for healing
- Ray….. for his daughter to stay safe and well…Also is grateful that God has helped him with his finances and he was able to purchase a used car and pay it all off.. This is also the man I had asked for prayer for last week that God would lift his spirits. Praise God ! He was blessed with a settlement check he had been waiting on.
- Esta …. needs a place to stay…and asks for strength to get thru.
- Maria…. for her and her children 0
- Giovani…. For his kids
- Jessica…. God knows.
- Isabella.. Still .Needs jeans /slacks size 16
- Andy…. Our own faithful usher at pt. That God will meet all his needs and bless him abundantly.. he is always there at kp helping us each week too. Thank you Andy !
- Walter …. Place to stay, and for him to reunite with his children
- Grady … healing for his leg
- Antonio … God knows
- Dave …. Has many needs…. has been living on the streets many years… always sweet ,and polite and always asks for prayer to find a home .. LOVES, LOVES, LOVES YOUR EGG SALAD SANDWICHES!!!
- Louise…. still in need of size 7 ladies underwear
- Dave…. this man use to come to PT many years ago… we had not seen him for a long time. He needs a home .. and pray that God will break through all the barriers in his life.
- Erwin…. said ” lets pray that the Pats win !!! ” Yay ! Go Pats !!!
- Steve…. Needs a home and financial blessings
- Mario…. God knows
- Lucy …. size 9 sneakers
- Brian …. God Knows…… also needs size 36/34 jeans and size 10 timberland boots.
- Paul …… for his sister Suzanne and Karen
- George ….. God Knows
- Charles ….. still needs a job… looking for work so he can get off the streets.
- Ginny ….. on the mend from her sinus infection …continue to pray for complete healing.
Prayer for all who are ill and all who need healing and relief from any pain and suffering. May God’s healing hand restore them with new health and strength. For our brothers and sisters who are struggling with addictions , also those who have been freed from them but may have fallen victim to it again…. May God’s love and mercy reach down and pick them up and help them to start over and begin anew. And may their healings become a testimony to others who may need help and encouragement . Lord restore the broken …restore lives… that you may be glorified. Lord send us counselors and mentors so that those who are on the road to recovery may be encouraged and stay committed and find the path God has planned for them.
Open the floodgates of heaven Lord to bring peace and joy to the broken hearted to those whose eyes are filled with tears , to the lost and confused… to those who are seeking to find something that will satisfy ..Let them see and hear your voice speaking and drawing them to yourself. For you oh Lord are all that we need…. You are calling us to yourself …. you are all that they are seeking…. Some looking in all the wrong places… Unknowingly… they are seeking YOU lord …. .. ONLY YOU can satisfy our souls. You alone are all that matters.You alone can make all things right. Break thru the walls and barriers that have built up and keep them bound .
Housing for the homeless
Hey! Thanks for checking in! We received the following email update from the folks who passed out food and clothes to the homeless Downcity this morning:
We had a very Blessed day in the Lord at KP today.
We were able to pass out coats and clothing, socks, toiletries and lunches etc. Lidia brought clothing and homemade cookies Barbara brought coats and clothing as well. and many were so blessed to have received the much needed items and also the coffee that Chuck and George always faithfully provide as well as all the sandwiches that every one of you provide for them. we ran out of food pretty quickly tho… many hungry among us today. So surprised to see many new faces so sad really to see more and more homeless on the streets of Providence. many looked lost and seemed in weakened condition… maybe from an illness, a cold, or the flu, or maybe just weary from struggling to survive out here in the cold and brutal weather.
There was such an unsettling spirit there today many just seemed restless, irritable and, I don’t know just difficult in some ways.
We love them anyway on good days and bad… .when they are on their best behavior or not.. who can blame them what do they have really? many have even lost their hope. ..Just difficult to see and witness. we pray with them and offer encouragement as best we can, we tell them we love them and share with them God’s love for them.
It must be a very difficult time of year for them, so many have only the clothes on their backs . how hard it must be for them knowing they have nothing to give to their loved ones family and friends. and many have no family to love on them and share the joy of Christmas with….no one to share…no one to care.
The sadness in their faces says it all and it is heart wrenching to witness. We offer and are able to provide these little bits of comfort for the day. Only wish we had the means to erase all the pain and provide homes jobs, family restorations, and so much more, We leave them there and promise to pray for a better life for them. It is so hard to leave them , and go home….. your mind and heart repeatedly reminding you of the sadness of their plight.
Please keep them all in your prayers God is able to turn things around for all of them and I know that if my heart breaks how much more our God for He loves and cares ever much more than we can even imagine, for he is their heavenly Father.
Didn’t get too many prayer requests today…. so busy… and the hustle and bustle is sometimes overwhelming and just difficult to get everyone to share whats on their heart. but we pray for each and every one and God knows all their needs.
Here are they prayer requests the homeless had for us today:
- Michael thanks God for everything!
- Ray needs pray for his kids family and friends
- Wayne has cancer of the lung and has just found that he has heart problems as well
- Allen He is there every week, needs so much
- Kevin Housing and all his needs
- Brian asked for prayer for all the people in New Town
- Lilly Andrews Her children
- Girl in the pink coat so very distraught this morning
- Katherine a beautiful woman said she needs a home ,lives at the shelter
- Gary Brooks 3 months clean and sober… Praise God! wants prayer to quit smoking
- Steven Head problems…. his wife gave us this prayer request speaks broken english so it was hard to understand her but able to get that she needed us to pray for healing for his problems in his head
- Darnell So grateful for all the much-needed items that you all donated and gave to Sharon for his apartment
- Ken God knows
- Julia her children, finances etc
- Jason Clean and sober 16 months now. He was on a news segment a few days ago sharing his story of how 16 months ago he was in the hospital in a coma and almost died as he was a victim of taking/buying that new drug on the street that looks like oxycodone but is like 100 times more potent and many have died right here in RI from this drug. This drug is still circulating and being sold to many homeless and addicted individuals who do not know the dangers of it. jason said he will be on the news again on a special program but I cant remember what one. anyway he will share his story. He said that he is people to survive after taking it
- Frances Comes to pt faithfully and helps us every week at KP he has many needs as well. protects and brings things under control when needed.
- Judy Walking/limping with a cane… needs healing in her leg
- Carl God Knows
- Bernard and Lois God knows
- Jack God Knows
- Gary said he’s broke and his check was delayed in the mail. concerned because he borrowed $20 from a friend and wants to pay him back asap
- Raymond Healing, finances and family
- Gloria finances, family
- Helen her children, finances
- Richard God knows….. He is a great guy loves the Lord and helps us and protects us and helps to provide a calming spirit to those who are restless.
Prayer for all our homeless:
- Addictions to be broken
- healing for all in need of physical ailments, disease or afflictions of any kind
- restoration and reuniting of families and healing of hurts
- Housing for the homeless
- Financial blessings to those that need
- Jobs for the unemployed
- Joy and happiness for the downtrodden
- Hope renewed for all those who have lost it and can’t find their way back
- Abundant Blessings to all of you who provide so much and pray for our precious family at KP
- comfort for grieving hearts
Thanks for taking the time to read this. Please let me know if you would like to donate. This team needs help with sandwiches, drinks, snacks and hot coffee…they are out there every single Saturday of the year – rain or shine, warm or cold…or, let me know if you’d like to volunteer…
One of our great volunteers, Ginny, sent me an email this morning providing me with the following update on today’s happenings with Early Seekers down at Kennedy Plaza. They are down there (and at Crossroads) every single Saturday morning handing out clothes and bagged-lunches to the homeless as they are getting off the buses (most shelters close early in the morning and the homeless have nowhere to go but the bus station). The Food Truck gets a lot of publicity, but the Early Seekers are the very essence of RI Dream Center. I hope you enjoy her update as much as I do:
We had the honor of having Bob Ekno with us this morning. He brought Clothing to pass out. He is the host of a Christian talk show In California which gives all beautiful testimonies of how God turned peoples’ lives around. He is also the author Of the book “God bless America before it is too Late.” He Also works with the homeless in Calif. He is up here visiting his family and plans on coming to PT tomorrow also. He was so touched with all we do at Kennedy Plaza . the food truck etc . Even though it was a whooping 14 degrees out , he stayed the whole time, It must have been extra cold for him as he came from much warmer climate. God bless him.
We had the honor of Christina & Randy helping on the food truck this morning. God Bless you
We passed out many bags of clothing and shoes and blankets and many lunches as well and People were so thankful.
Here are some of thing things we are thankful for…
A man we gave some clothing to, we gave him a canvas bag to put his clothing in and then we noticed that the top of the bag was torn, so I said oh wait a minute that bag is ripped We will get you another bag, we have a lot more.
He Insisted that the bag we gave him was fine he said see I just fold it over like this, save the other bags for someone else, This is good. I said God bless you he said no God bless all of you I am just so thankful for the clothing and al you do. Wow! How many of us might be hot under the collar if someone gave us a torn bag? Talk about being thankful!!!!! Beautiful people with thankful hearts. ( Brings tears to your eyes)
John a homeless man gave me $2:00 and said I want to make a donation, this is so awesome all you do here. I want to help out he said. I said God bless you, He said no God Bless all of you. ( brings tears to you eyes)
A homeless Lady came to us and said I have a whole bunch of cloth ,canvas and sturdy bags with handles on them for you to give to people to carry their clothes in. I said oh that is so very nice of you God bless you, She said No God bless all of you for the awesome work you do here. (It brings tears to your eyes) how they want to be a part of Giving and how thankful they are.
Ken: My sister Jan had bought some backpacks and supplies with her own money to give to anyone who did not get one and really needed one. Last week Ken said I don’t have anything and Jan said I will bring you a backpack with supplies in it. So she Gave it to him and he was so thankful. He opened it and found the bag of toiletries in it and came running back with the bag of toiletries in his hands and said oh my God I need these so much, I can’t thank you enough. He was also thrilled with the hat scarf gloves other supplies and the backpack. Praise God. And God bless Jan For his and all the others she gave out. They were so thankful also.
Many People were so hungry they ate their sandwiches as soon as we gave them to them and because it was the first of the month and there were not as many people there we had extra sandwiches and we gave some of them another Sandwich and they ate that second sandwich right away and said i was so hungry Thank you so very much
Many People said that they went to Praise Tabernacle on thanksgiving day for the Thanksgiving Dinner they served, They all said what an awesome dinner and that the people at that church were so warm and loving and they want to come to our church. LOVE Speaks once again!!!!!!
A special thank you Veronica, Barbara Sista, (Ginny Tom’s aunt) and Jan also the other Jan for the lovely things you donated and (Susan Jan’s daughter) for all the lovely shoes and sneakers and To Paul Jan’s brother- in – law for the beautiful leather all the jackets, hats scarfs and gloves and to all of you and your friends, coworkers and relatives Who donated clothing Etc, All went and they were so thankful . You really blessed them. God bless you. Also thanks again for your Prayers Lunch and all you do. God bless you all.
Some of the people we serve ask us to pray for them…see below:
- Sharon will have surgery on Dec 2, 2013 on her elbow ,please keep her in prayer for peace, Her surgery and a speedy recovery.
- Liz Brenda’s mother Please continue to keep her in pray for peace and a speedy recovery for completely healing and That she can swallow . please pray for Brenda as well
- Tracy please keep her and her family in prayer
- Brandon God knows
- Joseph Guilmette Cancer healing miracle
- John cancer of the lung healing miracle
- Gracie Cancer healing miracle
- Scott please continue to keep him in prayer for healing Blood clots
- Jordan God knows
- Maria healing back pain & For her family
- Barbara Needs many miracles in her family
- Robert miracle deliverance
- Bobby Healing of back pain
- Car miracle deliverance
- C miracle deliverance
- Maria healing miracle deliverance
- Brian God knows
- Christina God knows
- Paul God knows
- Hilda & Gary God knows
- Lidia & her family
- K Job & God knows
- Linda Inner healing & salvation
- Ronnie in Jail and his wife and 3 babies
- Ron complete healing
- Randy God knows
- Ken healing of his back
- Anthony finances
- Bobby finances and healing of his foot
- S&G God knows
- Kara that she gets he surgery soon and the outcome is great
- J&T God knows
- Barbara different Barbara Her & Family God knows
- Ron & Cindy on the trail for God’s protection and provision and for all they witness to.
- Billy Healing depression
- Willy his needs
- William Salvation for him & family
- Jeff God knows
- David & family God knows
- George God knows
- David Homeless sleeps out in the freezing cold
- Brian a miracle deliverance
- David needs surgery
- John his needs
- Richard God knows
- Anna every thing goes well this week
- Lenny needs Jeans size 34
- Ray family & friends Mom
- Lisa stay bright and beautiful
- George job change it to better, wants to go to school
- Elisa Family , Masa, HNA, Esteba
- Francis great week
- Estell Vega family, niece, Gunilaughil, Juan, Husband Dominigo
- Walter his needs
- Raymond healing cancer
- Andy special week
- Kenny Thanks for back pack< pray for him as he goes to court
- Nancy self
- Eugene his needs
- Lauren has stitches in her head, Her x boy friend beat her up , pray for her healing and protection , she was in the hospital in conn. and she was in a coma , she almost died
- Jose pray everything continues to go well with court & judge, so far it has worked out, he says praise God
- Brian family to stay safe
- Gary his needs
- Brian the good Bad & the ugly and girlfriends & daughters, He needs a cane
- Francis Service men & women to come home safe
- Needs a queen bedspread or comforter and blanket, And Back pack
- Willie double prayer
- Joafuir Health
- Robert His kids
- Marie Pray for her and her children
- Terrance Housing application in
- Heather Her boyfriend Jerry Got denied 5x for ssi and he is mentally disable, Because he had drugs in his back ground but has been clean for 2 years
- Jose Heart, self
- George his needs
- Mike have a good day
- Lousie Housing
- Ken peace in the world and a better year needs 2x flannel underware
- Adrian Hurey his needs
- L& R God knows
- Ron God knows
- Chris God knows
- G finances
- Bob God knows
- Morales Hunez His needs
- All the homeless
- Pastor’s & their family
- Church family and their family
- all who bless this ministry
- All ministries
- All who are sick
- Addictions to be broken
Thank you and love & prayers from the Homeless & the Early Seekers.
God bless and have a great week
Well, it’s been a busy few days at the RI Dream Center.
Last night, we had an RIDC meeting and we talked about a lot of exciting things coming up in the next month or so.
We talked about our annual upcoming Hope for the Homeless Event coming up on November 9th (we are having a festival for the homeless and raising awareness for their plight on Nov. 9). We’ve held this event at a number of different churches throughout the years – this year it will be at our home office at Praise Tabernacle Church.
We also talked about organizing the inventory and purchasing the rest of the items needed for our backpack drive (we are handing out 300 backpacks filled with winter necessities to the homeless on Nov. 16), It’s always a blast hanging out with the team as they hand out the backpacks each year.
We also talked about some really great, strategic partnerships we are forming with other organizations working towards the same goals we are reaching towards. I am really excited about this opportunity. That’s all I can say for now…but I am really excited about these partners (that is an enormous understatement).
The whole time we were talking about our upcoming events, we had a whole ‘nother planning committee meeting in one of the other rooms to plan the H4H event out in greater detail. It’s looking like they are planning a walk downtown and through Kennedy Plaza to raise awareness for the homeless. This year’s event has the makings of the biggest and best H4H event thus far.
All this was going on while Praise Tab was having its youth service, Youth Redefined…it’s exciting being there with so many other people, working towards the good of the community and building off of everyone else’s energy…we are all feeding each other and pushing each other to do things bigger and better.
And the same thing happened tonight…George got everything ready for me for the Food Truck tonight because I was short my regular prep-guy…while he was preparing the soups, hot cocoa, etc, the leader of the Narcotics Anonymous meeting was setting up in the next room over. Once the Food Truck finally got going, the church had its prayer meeting in the next room over on the other side! When I came back to clean up after the Food Truck, the NA meeting was just finishing up…it is an exciting time to be involved in all this stuff…and I truly believe we are making a significant impact in the community.
Tonight, for instance, we fed seventy-two people on the Food Truck. It was the first real cold night of the season I have been out there since last Winter, and a lot of the people we feed are people we have been feeding Winter after Winter…some seem to be stuck in the system, but I really hope they can find a way out. One of my regulars loves coming out to hear my music (tonight I had a Stevie Wonder mixtape blasting through my little boombox)…they call him Alabama and he stays over by Prairie Ave. Sometimes he is completely drunk and just dances to the music the whole time, and other times he is sober and just wants to say hi. He always says, “I knew it was you because I could hear your music!!!” No matter what, he always brings a smile to our faces, and it’s these simple, yet significant, interactions that really make the Food Truck special to be a part of.
But, the whole night was not rosy on the truck…(by the way, thank you to the gentleman that donated that new truck to us…we thoroughly enjoyed the heat tonight….our old truck did not have heat!!!)…because we came upon a set of two Providence police cars and a fire truck with their lights flashing on Broad Street…and sure enough, there was a woman completely laid out (drunk, high, not really sure, but she looked to be in a really bad way) and she had one of the yellow Live It Up hoodies we gave away last year as Christmas presents to the homeless. I still am not quite sure who it was…but to see that woman laying on the side of the road, completely motionless, broke my heart and I still can’t get the image out of my head. Imagine, last year at Christmastime, she came into the church and we gave her a sweatshirt…10 months later she is using it to keep her warm, but is passed out on the side of the road…
It hurts me even more because tomorrow we have another event for our homeless women…tomorrow morning, at our office, we are hosting another I Need You To Survive event, where we bus homeless women in and give them free makeovers, haircuts, dyes, etc…the difference between being passed out on Broad Street and showing up to our event tomorrow could be razor-thin for these ladies…and I hope that we can help them all!
In fact, to tie it all together, let me take this opportunity to brag on Maria…I first met Maria several years ago at a shelter on Cranston Street. She was doing ok, but still getting into trouble in certain areas…fast-forward a few years, she has turned things around significntly…she is off the streets in her own apartment with her new husband (she and William recently celebrated their one-year-anniversary! they were married through The Covenant, another service provided through the RI Dream Center) and Maria and her husband are super-faithful in helping me on Friday nights with the Food Truck. Tomorrow, she will be dropping by to take part of INU2S to get her hair done…I am sooooo happy that Maria is moving in the right direction and am extremely proud of her. As I drove by the woman laying on the street tonight, I was struck by the thought of how many other women this woman was representing, and as I looked over at Maria, I thought to myself, “how can we help more and more and more….just one at a time….just make an impact….just be there to help someone make a change…”…I’ll cry myself to sleep tonight thinking about that woman passed out on the side of the road…police and rescue were taking care of her…I’m so glad that Maria is helping to take care of others…
Well, Dream Center Diary, I think that is enough for tonight…we will be back at it soon…as I think about all the ways people are touched in that building on a nightly basis, I am truly excited about what our future holds…imagine the impact you and I can make together for those less fortunate throughout the next fifty years!!!