Hello all…hope all is well!!!!
I’m sounding the alarm!! Finances are running extremely low for the Food Truck, and today I focus on fund-raising…
If you don’t know what the Food Truck does, check this video out: Food Truck Video
Wanna see how the Food Truck started: What is the Food Truck?
Real simple – short and sweet – it costs about $1000/month to send the Food Truck every day – and we are looking for whatever help you might be able to offer. We feed 50-100 people every night and 300+ every Saturday morning….the people we serve can not afford us to shut down…
If you can, please donate – we need your help ASAP….please share this blog post with your friends and family so they can help support the cause as well…
The RI Dream Center is a federally and state recognized 501c3 non-profit organization located right here in RI.
Checks can be made payable and sent to the following address: RI Dream Center/330 Park Ave/Cranston, RI 02910
If you would like to donate electronically, PayPal is a great method: PayPal
A one-time donation will help us get through this month….but if you sign up for a recurring donation, it will get us through EVERY month!!!!
Thanks so much for all your support!!!! If you have any questions – let me know! Have a great day!!!
The Early Seekers Team sent us the following update today…they are still working hard and still going strong!!!!
- Lidia said the sinners prayer with a man and the angels in heaven are rejoicing with us as there is a new name written down in Glory. and His name is John Praise God!!!
- Liz Brenda Melucci’s mom is swallowing and eating normally!!!! Liz and the family thank you so very much for all your prayers.
- Tom a Man we have not seen for a few years and use to come to Pt faithfully with his wife. came to Jan and said O my God I can’t believe you all are still coming to KP , giving out food and clothing after all these years. I know a lot of organizations That help the homeless but they come and go and fade out. You have been doing this faithfully for years. You are so dedicated. this shows that your love is real and genuine. He & his wife are living in East Providence and have been attending a church near him. But also said he wants to come to PT again.
- William Is now getting his benefits and also found a job
- Robert needs a miracle healing from addiction that has tried to kill him, He also needs a miracle healing for his liver he is only in his 20’s Please, Please storm heaven for him and his family. His mom and sister are Born Again.Pray for His salvation as well.
- Sandra Steve’s sister please continue to pray for her complete healing
- Janice Mom Phyllis is still very sick
- Paulie & his family please continue to pray for all his loved ones that are battling Cancer and other illness as well and pray for his family as well as they are caring for them.
- Barbara & Bob They need many miracles in their family, they really need a break through.
- Barbara Please continue to pray for her healing and for her family as well
- Lidia Please pray for a miracle healing of her heart problem and for a very special unspoken
- Scott still needs a complete healing of his blood clots, His leg is doing better
- K needs a miracle healing & a few special unspoken as well
- J needs Prayer for a very special unspoken
- Car needs a miracle deliverance
- C needs a miracle deliverance
- Brian & D needs a miracle deliverance
- K&G God knows
- R& L God knows
- J&T God knows
- George God knows
- Mark God knows
- Sharon God knows
- Kenny My son will have Knee surgery April 2,
- Ronnie God knows
- Hilda Please continue to keep her in your prayers for complete healing of cancer
- Susie in the wheel chair has cancer through her body and was given 3 months to live
- Frank also has cancer he was given 3 years to live
- Cheryl God knows, And some man is constantly bothering her .
- Ken his needs
- Brian for his daughter Haily, grand son Mathew and Girl Desiree
- Tony God knows
- Andy his needs
- David his needs
- Sarge his needs Also grieving the loss of his son that died in a fire 15 years old and also loss his Dad
- Sharon has been battling pneumonia for a few months she is in a lot of pain from it also , she needs a place to live she sleeps outside
- Linda needs a miracle healing from depression & a few very special unspoken
- Maria a miracle healing for deliverance & for her family as well
- Ronnie will be out of jail soon please keep him and his wife and children in prayer.He is now Born again and doing well.
- Richard everything
- Bobby healing of his foot & God knows
- Jackie Thanks us all and thanks the Lord. Pray for her needs
- Erwin His needs
- Kavin needs pants size 38, He protects us, Pray for his needs also
- Jimmy needs jeans size 32 or 34 He needs a home sleeps out side, He wants to come to church with his girl, He wants to get out of his situation and was in tears we prayed for him also.
- Andrae needs jeans size 36
- Vahl needs a miracle healing from cancer
- Lenny needs jeans size 36 Pray for him & his family
- Gary wants prayer to stop smoking
- Tony asks for prayer for Philip C.
- Cheryl to be re united with her son
- Vinny For all of us who help the homeless
- Job Peace& good health Needs BP.
- Greg May have an apartment At Marvin Gardens
- Paul needs a X large Or Large Jacket
- Steve housing & Health
- Kirk his needs
- Nancy her needs
- April Her health & for her spirit
- Tom & Mary their needs
- Joe & Donna their needs
- Ken God knows
- Al God knows
- Carlos God knows
- A man said Pray for Spring !!!!!!!
- Ken Continued Growth in the Lord
Check out this email I received from the Early Seekers Team – it came with a throwback pic!
What an awesome morning we had at Kennedy Plaza!!! We passed out about 30 huge bags of clothing, several bags of toiletries, About 10 blankets, a radio and a coffee maker and about 300 sandwiches. Praise God! and a Heartfelt thank you to all of you, once again YOU MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!! Over 300 people were blessed by you today, They were all so thankful and walked away with smiles on their faces because of your love and faithfulness to them. God bless You all.
Clothing Blankets Toiletries, Etc Donations:
A grateful thank you to:
- Joe Brito Sharon Cogean’s Co-Worker who donated 3 huge bags of designer clothing, Some Brand new Jeans, Men’s underwear & many T shirts and other slightly used clothing. What a huge blessing to the men these are the items that are so hard to come by. They always ask for Jeans & underwear, They were so excited to get them. You made their day. God bless you.
- Andrea from Help the homeless in Rhode Island for the 6 huge bags of clothing, and plastic lunch bags. They were so blessed by you. God Bless you.
- Sharon Cogean’s coworkers for the toiletries and clothing, Your continued support is such a blessing to them. God bless you all.
- Steve Marocco for all the Huge Boxes of Brand New Jackets and clothing. Your continued support is such a blessing to them. God bless you.
- Linda Cantone for the things you donated.God bless you.
Sandwiches & Lunches:
Thank you to:
- Marie Tatarian & Lynn Spirito’s Family & to their friends from facebook: Lorie Ricci, Karen Stahowick Ramsdem, Sheila Maguire and to all who donate Lunches each week. God bless you all.
- Liz, Brenda Melucci’s Mother, had her surgery and it went well and she is able to talk well and may be able to swallow soon.
- Mr. & Mrs. Santiago: Got their apartment a few weeks ago and they keep getting blessed and are so thankful. Coreen & Barbara From Help the Homeless in Rhode Island went to their apartment last week and blessed them with a brand New Pan Set, blankets Pillow’s & toiletries. Mr. Santiago was at KP this week and was telling us how thankful, Him and his wife are. They are also bring them a toaster, silverware and a coat. God bless them.
- Lewis is 3 years sober and has been working and doing well Praise God!
- Liz Brenda’s Mother please continue to keep her in prayer for complete Healing.
- Hilda Battling Cancer
- Nick in ICU, Severe Breathing problem Pray for the family as well
- Mark depression
- Linda depression
- Beth depression
- John Harris Healing
- Mary Poole Healing
- Barbara Healing
- Maria Healing
- Jon Carlos Healing
- Ashley Healing
- Robert Healing of his liver & continued strength on his recovery road
- Ronnie Healing
- Tina Healing
- Judy Healing
- C& Car deliverance
- Michael Healing
- David Eizengburg His needs
- Andy his needs
- Elizabeth her needs
- Lewis His needs
- Carlos God knows
- Tim his needs
- Melissa her needs
- Vinny God knows
- George God Knows
- Barbara & her boy friend their needs
- Barbara (Different Barbara) Self & family
- Sharon Her needs
- David his needs
- Lois her needs
- Brian deliverance
- Steve God knows
- Nick deliverance
- Donna & Joe their needs
- Joe continued strength on his recovery road
- Ron & His family their needs
- Jason M needs a Backpack Needs Size 36/ 34 pants
- Santiago needs sneakers size 9 or 9&1/2
- Sheri her needs
- Job needs a back pack
- Sara her needs
- Moises Good Health & peace
- Jay Golden
- Steve God Knows
Thanks Love and prayers from the Homeless & the Early Seekers!!!
So, we had a great day in Providence today.
The RIDC Food Truck participated in Providence’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade today, and we had a blast!!!
Take a peek at the crew getting ready while we were waiting for our turn to start – I can’t get enough of these smiles:
I am so proud of this crew. Most of members of this crew was, or still are, homeless. Don’t let that fool you, though, as they are some of the most fun people to be around, and I enjoy every second hanging around with them. Seeing this group doing positive things with their lives totally makes my day! I love being able to give them a chance to be a part of something important.
Something else really cool happened – when one of my co-workers found out the Food Truck was going to be in the parade this year, she held a fundraiser at work and hooked us up with over 50 $5 gift cards to Dunkin Donuts and Subway for us to hand out to the homeless that we saw along the parade route. What a blessing it was – we gave all of them away today directly from the truck…pretty cool to be able to treat the homeless to a sub or some nice, fresh coffee – it was awesome being in the parade but actually doing what we do best at the same time…hey, why not take the opportunity to bless some of the homeless along the way!!!! Thanks MG – you are super special and we really appreciate your generosity!!! Check out how nice she made the cards up:
Walking in the parade made all of us feel special. Waving to all the people and having them cheer us on made us feel valued. At the very end of the parade, the announcer on the loudspeaker gave a huge shoutout to the RI Dream Center, yelling into the mic about what a great job we do for the city and how proud he is of us…it really make all of us feel great to be recognized for our hard work. When we were done, the crew was all smiles and all they could talk about was how we could make it even bigger and better next year.
I agree – can’t wait to see where this goes next year!!!!!!!!