Oh the weather outside was frightful, but the walk was quite delightful!!!
So we had our annual Walkathon this year, and we had a ton of fun. The weather was cold, rainy and overcast, but our spirits were high and we had a blast hanging out together raising awareness and funds for a great cause!
Many thanks to all the volunteers who played a role behind the scenes putting the Walkathon together this year and for finding sponsors for the t-shirts.
Many thanks to all those that sponsored walkers in our Walkathon today. You are soooooo appreciated!!
And, last but certainly not least, we want to send out our most sincere gratitude to all those that raised funds and walked in the Walkathon today – even though the weather was not on our side. As we walked through Roger Williams Park today, I couldn’t help but think of the homeless people that we were out there walking for….it might have been a couple of hours in the cold rain for us today, but at least we have homes to go back to and warm up in…God bless all those that are not quite that fortunate.
A special thanks should be given to Team ABC of the Helping the Homeless in RI organization – you all are AMAZING!!!!!
I’d also like to thank Uncle Andy for leading the way for us – he was the only homeless/formerly homeless person to walk with us this year – Andy, you made my day today by joining us in our Walkathon!!!
So, how did we do, anyways? Can I have the envelope please?………due to everyone’s hard work, we raised over $1,000 for our Backpack Giveaway through this Walkathon. I am extremely proud of the whole team and excited for where this fundraiser is headed next year!!! IF we double the distance will we double the donations?!?!? How bout if we triple it?
Anyways, before I get too far ahead of myself, I should mention that we still have t-shirts for sale too, so if you would like to buy a t-shirt to help the cause let me know and we will make it happen!!!
That’s enough for me now, check out the pics below and leave a comment!!! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Dream Center Diaries…have a great day!!!
Hope you had a great weekend…if you have time, please take a look at the update below from our Early Seekers Team.
Last week, I shared the blog on the Facebook page of the Help the Homeless in Rhode Island Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/homelessri/), and they were actually able to donate some of the specific requests that the homeless had voiced a need for when they asked us to pray for them on Saturday morning. It’s so wonderful to be the answer to someone’s prayer, and I am glad we were able to work together to meet the needs of those less fortunate in our state. Coreen St. Jean, Andrea Smith and the other warm-hearted individuals in the Help the Homeless in RI Facebook group, thanks for taking the time out of your day to make someone else’s day special. It’s pretty fun, isn’t it!!!
Without further adieu, the Early Seekers update:
- Valerie, Sharon Cogean’s sister : A very grateful thank you to Valerie for 2 very nice blankets, and some new and lovely clothing and 2 pairs of very nice boots. all went fast and the individuals that received them were so very thankful. You really bless the homeless, God bless you.
- Sharon Cogean’s Co-workers : A very grateful Thank to Sharon’s co-workers for all the much needed toiletries, they all went so fast also and you really blessed the homeless, they were so thankful. God bless you all.
- Sharon Cogean: a very grateful thank you for all the brand new socks and the many nail polishes you blessed the homeless with, they also went fast and they were all so thankful. God bless you. also, a special thanks to you, Sharon, for dropping all the above things off to me. You are such a blessing to them.
- George: A very grateful thanks to all the people who dropped off clothing to George to give to the homeless, all went fast and you really blessed the homeless and they were so very thankful. God bless you all. Thanks George for loading them on and off the food truck and for all your hard work…it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated. God bless you.
- Lidia: a very grateful thank you to all who gave clothing toiletries & Bibles to Lidia to pass out , The homeless were so very thankful, you really blessed the homeless. God bless you.
- Tom, Jan’s Husband: a grateful thanks to Tom for all the awesome shirts you blessed the homeless with, all went fast, They were so thankful, God bless you.
- Rob, Tom’s cousin: a very grateful thanks to Rob for all the shirts and clothing you blessed the homeless with, they were so thankful. God bless you.
Thank you to all who provide lunches drinks Prayers Etc. God bless you all.
Some of the homeless and volunteers ask us for prayer when we see them…please take a moment to review and pray for our homeless:
- Valerie Sharon’s Sister will have Knee replacement surgery this Monday and she will not be able to have any kind of pain medication During her recovery from surgery, Please keep her in your prayers for a pain free and a healing miracle
- Tracy asks for prayer for Anthony Germia who has Brain cancer, Please pray for his wife Beverly and sons and family as well
- Hilda will start radiation and Chemo for a cancer spot on her lung. She will not be able to have any pain medication for it. She was also told she may not be able to swallow, Please pray for a Pain free and healing miracle. She will have 7 weeks of radiation & Chemo Feb 10Th to March 28Th
- Artie’s Friend son, Mother and family For God to give them strength & Healing miracles In his addiction and the serious issues it has caused. God’s divine intervention in all areas
- Robert Was in a program and was being harassed the whole time by another person in that program, well praise God because of your prayers He made it through that program so well, He was chosen to go to a Continued Program that only a select few get to go and will receive very intense treatment without any addiction withdrawal medications and he does have anxiety. Please pray for strength and Peace in the anxiety area and that he will continue in this program as well. Also Pray for his healing miracle as he is also very Jaundice. This is an answer to your prayers that he has advanced this far, That he not only passed the other program but he has this new one as well this is a miracle, his mother is saying. because his addiction was killing him and his family has suffered such heart ache and hardship. Lord continue this total healing miracle In Jesus name.
- Barbara Needs many miracle in her family and God is moving in this area as well, an answer to your prayers also. please continue to keep her and her family in prayer as well.
- Liz Brenda’s mother Please continue to keep her in prayer for her healing miracle and that she can swallow.
- Lidia please continue to keep her in prayer for her heart problem, May the Lord give her a healing miracle.
- Scott please continue to keep him in prayer for healing of his blood clots.
- Celeste Harris friend Donna is a Kidney transplant recipient Please keep her in pray for a healing miracle as well and pray for her family as well
- Maria needs a miracle deliverance
- Linda needs continue healing for her depression & God knows
- Ronnie Healing miracle
- Robert healing miracle for his foot & finances
- Felicia Healing miracle for her legs and her surgery goes well for her throat.
- Raymond Healing miracle cancer
- Gracie healing miracle cancer
- Ronnie & wife & babies Salvation and their needs, Strength & healing in Jail
- Barbara needs healing miracle for arthritis & pain & for her, Pray for her family as well
- Anna Please keep her in prayer for strength & peace. She was getting married and they broke up, and though she knows it is for the best, It hurts.
- Brian Please keep him in prayer for a miracle healing of his addiction, He was doing well before he fell again and his addiction has really taken a toll on him.
- C please continue to keep him in prayer for strength & deliverance
- George Needs a home, sleeps on the streets
- Andy his needs
- Ron & Cindy on the trail as they witness that souls will be saved and for God’s Provision and protection.
- George God knows
- Joe A. God knows
- Randy his needs
- Joseph His Dad Pray for Joseph as well
- Donna has a praise report Her daughter Has a job and is doing well in school
- Sharon asks for prayer for Jimmy pray for her as well
- Maria For her & her children’s needs
- Cheryl Needs a home, wants a relationship with her son & for peace and safety
- Lisa her needs
- Margret Healing of her heart & for her husband
- Carlos God knows
- Robert God knows
- Anthony finances and all his needs
- Kenneth for him and his family
- David complete healing from his surgery
- Lee God knows
- Rachel healing from depression
- Ines for her daughter & grandchild
- Nickie God knows. She said she sang a song in a church recently I said Oh I would love to hear you sing. She sang a sad song about man who is supposed to love some one and he is not being a father to his child. She could make it On American Idol or America’s got talent. What a beautiful voice!!!!!. She said she would like come to our church.
- Steve God knows
- Jan God knows
- David his needs
- Anastasia his needs
- Koryn God knows
- Sharon her needs
- Donna God knows
- S&G God knows
- All who bless this ministry
- All the homeless
- All ministries
- The strongholds of addictions to be broken
- All in pain and all who are sick
Thanks so much for taking time to read this update.
Thanks so much for taking the time to pray along with the homeless.
Thanks so much for all of your donations to the homeless.
You are appreciated!