February 8, 2014
So the Early Seekers Team had a great day this morning. Even though it was cold, some wonderful friends warmed their hearts…for more details, please see their updates below: (I love the Early Seekers!!!!!)
The Early Seekers Ministry is in great need of many items for the homeless on the streets of Providence. Many of whom are Veterans. If you are not familiar with us, what we do is meet every Saturday morning at 6:30 AM, at Kennedy Plaza in front of the bus station. We provide food, clothing, snacks, beverages, hot coffee and hygienic products for those who have little to nothing to survive on. If you are able to help, we are in need of hygienic products such as soap, lotion, shampoo, razors, shave cream, etc. as well as socks, cookies, crackers, apples, bananas, coffee, powdered creamer, sugar pkts, mayo ,mustard etc.
Week after week, the need is getting greater. Right now we are feeding and providing for 200 -300.
We are asking anyone who can…. to place a collection box at your place of employment or business. Sharon Cogean sets up a box at her office and people bring in all the complementary toiletries they have gotten from hotels etc. This has been a great blessing to us. Anything You can do to help would be a huge blessing.
We will work with you to get the donations to us.
Thank you , Love and Blessings, Jan
PS…. Thank You Sharon Cogean for all the much-needed items you are always providing for us !
and Thank you to all those who provide sandwiches for us every week… Barbara and Bill McKeon, Josephine Zinni, Maria, and Lynn Tatarian, Tommy and Tracy King, Bola, Colleen and Ken, Dianne. the many friends that make them for Lidia, All the Early Seekers who make them as well. And those I may have left out,( sorry if I did,) God knows who you are. (But Please let me know who you are so I won’t forget you in the future.)
Spring is on the way!! since it was a whooping 6 degrees this morning, I picked this picture to warm you and what can be more warming than Prayer?
What a huge blessing at Kennedy Plaza this morn.
We had the honor of having 3 lovely ladies from “HELP THE HOMELESS IN RHODE ISLAND“, with us this morning at KP. Coreen St Jean and Barbara O’Connor Smith started their own outreach program 6 weeks ago and they and their group have been giving tons of Food, Clothing toiletries and personal need items to many many Homeless in Rhode Island. They have been moving in leaps and bounds and have moved mountains to bring tons of daily needed Items to the homeless.
Coreen St. Jean, Barbara O’Connor Smith and Andrea Smith, Not only took the time out of their already very busy out reach program but got up Early this morning and brought tons of clothing, food, and much-needed items and graced us with their presence and worked right along side of us the whole time to serve the homeless at KP God bless them. We can’t thank you ladies enough you are awesome!!! This brings tears to our eyes!!! There had to be 300 people at KP and God sent much-needed help and clothing ETC. Praise God! Hats off to you ladies you do an awesome work and thank you for your loving giving hearts.
Andrea Smith, the sneakers you gave us last week went to a war Veteran that had asked for them; he thanks you so very much. and the blanket went to a man who sleeps outside. He thanks you so very much also. God bless you. Thanks for making a special effort to meet their needs. Raymond the war Veteran was not there this week, we were hoping he was so you could meet him.
God bless Chad, George and Andy and all the helpers that came with you on the food Truck. Sorry We were so busy across the street we did not get chance to get the names of those who came with you but thanks To You and all for your labor of Love and God bless you all.
A special thank you to Barbara Murray Who has donated Bread and eggs continually. and Many snacks God bless you.
A very heart-felt thank you to:
- William Butress & wife
- Coreen St. Jean
- Barbara O’Connor Smith
- Andrea Smith
- Jane Pace, Sharon Cogean’s Co-worker
- Alicia Wells Smith, Sharon Cogean’s Co-worker
- Sharon Cogean for making 2 trips to my house to bring many bags of clothing and toiletries and All her other co-workers
- Mac, who donated a case of Bibles
- Lidia’s friends
- Bob Smith
Thank you for all you very generous donations, and to all who continue to bless this ministry, everyone was so thankful. God bless you all.
Thank you also to Tommy King for your dedication to the Rhode Island dream center Blog and all the many things you do behind the scenes, thank you for your labor of love an expertise in all you do. Tommy You rock!!!!!
We always give the homeless a chance to pray, but they also have some things that they are thankful for as well:
- Brian Several weeks in a row he said if you come across a leather jacket, I could really use one,Well this week , He really got blessed. Sharon gave me one from her co- worker and Guess what? It fit him like it was tailor-made for him. He kept saying this is awesome I hope you did not buy it for me this is brand new and it had to cost a lot of money. He was over joyed. He kept coming back to thank us. he just couldn’t believe it. Brian Always looks out for our safety at KP. and He helps us carry stuff and pack stuff up . This Jacket was a heavy winter Wilson leather with a zip out lining and he looked Great in it. When he asked us where it came from we told him God gave it to him. God heard his pray
- A young Man Said to Jan “I just have one question for you. “Jan said “what?” He said “Why do you do all this? “Jan said” because of Love.” He said “but where does that Love come from?” Jan pointed to Heaven and he yelled out” Praise God! God bless you all.”
- Santiago & his wife Got their apartment an answer to your prayers.They are so happy. They need pots and pans
- 2 other people got their apartment also an answer to your prayers. Can’t read the names I wrote, Some times pens won’t write as well due to cold weather.
- A Spanish man asked me for a Spanish Bible and we gave him a Gideon Pocket New testament, He was so excited.
- Then a Spanish lady said oh can I have one too , Well I had one left and she was so happy.
- 3 other Spanish ladies said do you have any more Spanish Bibles. We would love one, I said We will bring you some more next week.
- Mac we passed out several of the full Bibles he donated and they were so thank full .
- One Young man said is that a Bible? How much is it?, Jan said ” It’s Free and gave him one and he was thrilled .”
- Steve Said can I have one of those large Bibles, I love to read the Bible
- Another man saw this and said” I love to read the Bible too can I have one?”,and He was Happy as well to get one.
- 2 men really needed the sneakers that William Butress donated they were so happy
Others have prayer requests, please pray along with them:
- Dornel His needs
- Brian needs Timberland boots size 10 , He needs Jeans size 36- 34 length that go over boots
- Richard Guertin his needs
- John His son Michael, grandchildren and pray for John as well
- Raymond his needs
- Gene Self & his health & God knows
- Phillip World peace
- 3 Girls their needs
- Kearen B Her family & self
- Jimmy needs size 91/2 sneakers
- Felix Health
- Ines her needs
- Maria self & kids
- Esta Her needs
- Maria homeless, Family, Husband
- Carlos God knows
- George Homeless
- Mario His needs
- Robert apartment,health, wife And children
- Christine His so Who’s name is Promise just had open heart surgery and they have to go back in to operate again
- Juan apartment,
- Jonathon needs Jeans size 38
- Freddie Health
- Edwin his needs
- David a place to live
- Steve world peace
- Russell world peace
- Asmerom homes for everyone
- Lisa her needs
- John Paul get his life together
- Paul Mom passed away, Dad’s health also self & daughter
- Jim Sharon
- Grim God knows
- Megan has a lawsuit out for wrongful arrest
- Alpro God knows
- David A Home
- Anastasia His needs
- Francis Health Robert continued strength to make it trough his recovery program & healing of his liver
- Barbara needs many miracles in her family
- Barbara Different Barbara For her health and pain & for her family
- Brian a miracle deliverance
- Maria miracle deliverance
- C Deliverance
- Lisa & her loved ones
- Linda Healing depression and God knows
- K God knows
- Please continue to pray for all those with cancer and going through treatment for cancer on past lists
- Hilda will have 6 weeks Chemo & radiation & No Pain meds. And that she can swallow
- Anthony Geremia Brain tumor
- Jeanne Lung Cancer
- Artie’s brother Michael tumor
- All in the hospital
- Anthony ICU Rapid heart & Low Bp.
- Valeria Recovering from Knee replacement without pain meds
- David Vito Knee replacement & recovery
- Liz that she can swallow complete healing
- Felecia’s Mom Lorraine had a stroke
- All the homeless
- Strong holds of addiction to be broken
Thanks Love and prayers from the Homeless & Early seekers.
God Bless and have a blessed week